Are You Coming Out To Practice? Remember To Fill Out Our Practice Polls

2024 Season Practices Begin Sat Jan 6th! ...
Check Practice Poll for actual practice dates.

Feb 25, 2011

Paddler Spotlight -- Tran B!!




Dunking day (Birthday): 
May 11th (Editor's note: not a photo of an official dunking as she flipped out of this one like a cat!)

If you could have an endless supply of any 3 food items, what would you have?

          Crab, Shrimp, and Mangoes!

A Boiling Crab Down 'n Dirty Bag before meeting T2
Now just 'down 'n dirty' after meeting T2
"You can't hava da MANGO!"


How long have you been paddling and what were you thinking when you got into Space?

I have been paddling for one year. When I first started, I was like "WTH am I doing here?!"
Who got you into paddling and why do you do it week in and week out?
 T1 dragged my out a few times, telling me that I'd love it. I thought she was insane but I guess its contagious but now I do love it!
Under what conditions are you paddling at your best? 

"I don't know if its my best, but I certainly paddle harder when its cold and I happen to be stroking."

Favorite or notable Space Dragon moment(s)?
The dunking of (Princess) Pearl--Beware the massive talons!
How do you prep yourself for a Race?
I prep myself by mentally getting my mind and body to visualize the race course. 
What do you do when you're not paddling? Hobbies, activities, interests?


          Basketball, tennis, and music.

Any advice for newbie paddlers?
Get yourself to practices and coaches will push you to do the rest.





Paddling-wise, what particular goals do you have for yourself and for the team?
     
Goal for team: Place gold in all divisions
Goal for self: Cut my 300m OC2 time to less than 1:50
What makes a champion?
One willing to make sacrifices for the whole.


If you could change one thing about the Team what would it be?
More mini-competitions.
Best thing about being a Space Dragon?
Coach Jackie marshalling T2 as she demonstrates all 4 things!    =P
I get to rep with my favorite color (BLUE!), working hard, playing hard, and eating harder.
Assuming you had a single brother or sister, what Space Dragon might you consider hooking them up with?
Consider hooking them up with? NO COMMENT!
Most interesting character you've met through the team?
Louise.

If you were to trade any SD teammate for an RFX (Ripple) paddler, who would it be?
Why would I ever do that?
If you were to be stranded on an island with any 3 SD paddlers, who would you choose to get-by and pass the time with?


          Dang! This is a toughie since so many SD paddlers are awesome! (GRR!) Russell and Louise because they can eat all the seafood with me, and Devant because he can climb trees for fruits.
Russ

Louise

Devantosaurus Rex

Are you the only child, the eldest, the middle child, or the baby? Do you fit the stereotype?
(Editor's note: Revised from Bakasan's original copy/paste. T2's true response is thus. Apologies!)...
I'm the baby of the family. I get spoiled a lot, but turned out pretty well.
First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word(s):

1. pounce - Simba

2. voluptuous - Betty Boop
3. predator - Aliens
4. prey - Antelope
5. Space Dragons - Crazy
Name something that our readers don't already know about you.

         I'm in love with Ryan Reynolds. YUMMMM!