Are You Coming Out To Practice? Remember To Fill Out Our Practice Polls

2024 Season Practices Begin Sat Jan 6th! ...
Check Practice Poll for actual practice dates.

Jun 7, 2010

Paddler Spotlight -- Kat "K-Dub" !!


Hometown:
Killeen, TX

Dunking day (Birthday):
Feb 8th - too cold for dunking!!! (Ed note: so she thinks!)


If you could have an endless supply of any 3 food items, what would you have?
Only 3??? Dduk bok hae, kimchi jjigae , Blue Bell Peaches & Homemade Vanilla ice cream.

How long have you been paddling and who got you into Space?
I've been paddling for almost one year. I started by coming to Long Beach tournaments to cheer on my sister, Mary.

Who got you into paddling and why do you do it week in and week out?
Mary!! She motivated me to try paddling as a fitness activity. I love it because everyone on this team is encouraging and supportive and all are trying their most to improve and have fun together.

Are you a better Paddler when you are Happy or Angry?
Happy (positive) energy is stronger for me than paddling angry. I try to find a zen place where the pain is good!!!


Favorite or notable Space Dragon moment(s)?:
My favorite moment was white team winning gold at Long Beach. It was a fine taste of the good life and made the goal of winning more tangible!

How do you prep yourself for a Race?
I eat light and get plenty of sleep and drink lots of water.

What do you do when you're not paddling? Hobbies, activities, interests?
When
I'm not paddling I am at a Bikram yoga class. Most of my spare time is spent walking my dog or taking her to the park. I love watching movies too. Other than that I am working working working!!!

Any advice for new paddlers?
Don't give up! Keep trying, it gets better and better every time you come to practice!

Paddling-wise, any particular goals for yourself or the team?
Master the new SD stroke and go from there. For the team would be to have more spam musubi and kahlua cake around!!!!

If you could change one thing about the team what would it be?
I don't know because even the things I don't like are teaching me discipline (like waking up early on saturdays!!!)

Favorite part about being a Space Dragon?
Tournaments! ...and the conflicting loves of eating yet staying in athletic shape!

Assuming you had a single brother or sister, what Space Dragon might you consider hooking them up with?
They would be so lucky to hook up with any Space Dragon, right!

Most interesting character you've met through the team?
Interesting character...would be Galen. His consistently high level of energy is unmatched.

If you were to trade any SD teammate for an RFX (Ripple) paddler, who would it be?
Oh i can't imagine who I would trade from SD but it would be in exchange for Gary cause my mom thinks he's such a nice guy!!











If you were to be stranded on an island with any 3 SD paddlers, who would you choose to get-by and pass the time with?
Well, I'd have to say Mary for companionship, Wade for positive attitudeness and Rod for protection.




First thing that comes to mind when you hear the word(s):
1. pounce - Pelei (my dog pounces on things)
2. voluptuous - Marilyn Monroe
3. predator - Tyrannosaurus Rex
4. prey - Mantis
5. Space Dragons - Kahlua cake!

Name something that our readers don't already know about you.
I am a certified scuba diver!