Are You Coming Out To Practice? Remember To Fill Out Our Practice Polls

2024 Season Practices Begin Sat Jan 6th! ...
Check Practice Poll for actual practice dates.

Aug 19, 2009

Support "Uncle" Tom Loesnerita

Updated 8/19/09 with info for joining the walk!

Fresh off of his surgery to remove his cancerous tumor, our very own "Uncle" Tom Loesnerita takes his fight against cancer on the offensive as he will be participating in the American Cancer Society Relay for Life on August 22 in Laguna Beach.

We beam w/ pride & hopes for a full, fast recovery, Tom!

From Tom:
I will be attempting to walk in a relay for life fund raiser on Aug 22nd. If there is anyone on the team that would like to join me, it would be greatly appreciated.
I saw the doctor today and got mixed diagnosis. My surgeon says the tumor was incapsulated and has not spread. But the guy that does the report on the tumor says there is a hole in it and the cancer has moved to some fatty tissue. Either way I am getting another opinion. I got a copy of all of my results to take with me.
The doctor also gave me some other bad news. My Dragon boat season is over. I thought I could make it back for the last race, but that will not happen.
I know there is always next season, it just sucks!
The pain is now starting to go away, so that is good.
Hey, thank everyone for that cool poster. I have it on the wall and look at it everyday.


You can actively support Tom's walk by:
1) donating to the fight against cancer: Tom's personal donation page here, &/or
2) joining him on the walk on August 22nd!

Meet @ 10:30 am @ El Morro Elementary School
8681 North Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651


We will caravan over immediately after practice on Saturday.
Wear your SD jersey!

Also - for those interested, after the walk we will be having a picnic by the beach! And some surfing! Bring your surf gear!

SD Love.