Are You Coming Out To Practice? Remember To Fill Out Our Practice Polls

2024 Season Practices Begin Sat Jan 6th! ...
Check Practice Poll for actual practice dates.

Jul 23, 2009

Paddler Spotlight - Sammi!


Hometown?
Sammi:
Chatsworth, Ca

Birthday?
Sammi:
4/6

Favorite Food(s)?
Sammi:
L&L Hawaiian BBQ :D, Thai Food, Boba
(see Poll on the right)

How long have you been paddling for?
Sammi:
2 ½ years?

Why do you paddle?
Sammi:
Good workout, extraordinary people

Are you a better Paddler when you are Happy or Angry?
Sammi:
Probably when I’m happy, because I paddle with more confidence.

Favorite or notable Space Dragon moment(s)?
Sammi:
Hmmmmm hehe ^^ when I chest-bumped Tran to the floor in Alcan. SORRY TRAN! (Ed Note: MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!)

How do you prepare yourself for a Race?
Sammi:
Visualize what I’m about to do and tell myself that I can do it.

Any hobbies, activities, interests outside of paddling?
Sammi:
Surfing, hanging out with friends, rock climbing, biking, hiking

OH, and driving!

Any advice for new Paddlers?
Sammi:
The first practice is always the most difficult, but keep coming out! You’ll get the hang of it, and pretty soon, you’ll be a pro!

Paddling-wise, any particular goals for yourself or the team?
Sammi:
I would like to go to Vancouver again so the women’s team can make it into the guts and glory race.
And when dragonboating becomes an Olympic sport, I want to be on team USA! :D hahaha


If you could change one thing about the Team, what would it be?
Sammi:
Nothing :]

Favorite part about being a Space Dragon?
Sammi:
I get to choose where we eat after practice.

You have a single brother or sister. What Space Dragon would you consider hooking them up with?
Sammi:
UHHH, pass.

Most interesting character you've met through the team?
Sammi:
Kevin Mak? He’s so silly x]

Any interesting facts about yourself - or secrets that you want to divulge?
Sammi:
Hmm, I don’t really have any secrets?

Who got you into Space dragons/Dragonboating?
Sammi:
Tammy and my dad

How did you meet him/her?
Sammi:
Dad worked with Tammy
And
He’s my dad?